IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN OBTAINING A CAMP BROOKLYN SCHOLARSHIP; PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Apply directly to camps listed here which participate in the Camp Brooklyn program. You may obtain information about each camp by visiting their website or by calling the camp office directly.
- If your child meets the eligibility requirements listed below, contact the camp you have selected and request a CAMP BROOKLYN application. (A CAMP BROOKLYN application cannot be obtained from SCOPE or ACA.)
- Fill out and return the application to the camp you have selected. DO NOT SEND APPLICATIONS TO SCOPE OR ACA.
The camp will contact you if they have a scholarship available and will give you further information about preparing your child for camp.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN CAMP BROOKLYN CAMPERS MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS:
- be 7-16 years old;
- be a Brooklyn resident
- meet family income eligibility requirements established by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture for free or reduced-priced school lunch;
- be enrolled in a public or public charter school; and agree to comply with the registration procedures and rules/regulations of the chosen camp.
PARTICIPATING CAMPS: PLEASE CONTACT CAMPS DIRECTLY TO APPLY
Camp Hidden Valley
Boys and girls with and without special needs, eight to 12 years old.
Camp Fiver (Poolville, NY)
Children ages 8 to 16.
Homeward Bound (Bear Mountain, NY)
Camp Homeward Bound is the nation’s first summer sleep-away camp designed specifically for homeless kids. Open to children ages 7-15